The Blue Coat Certified ProxySG Administrator (BCCPA) course is intended for IT professionals who wish to master the fundamentals of the Blue Coat ProxySG. After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the major Secure Web Gateway functions of the ProxySG.
- Describe the role of the ProxySG as it relates to other Blue
- Coat products as part of a complete security solution.
- Configure a ProxySG and place it into live service.
- Administer the major Secure Web Gateway functions of the ProxySG.Perform basic troubleshooting of the ProxySG and decide when it is appropriate to open a service request.
Duration / Format
3 days (24 hours) / available as classroom instructor led (ILT) or virtual classroom training (VCT)
Audience / Target Group
IT network or security professionals who wish to master the fundamentals of Blue Coat products with a focus on network security and who have not taken any previous Blue Coat training courses.
Students should be familiar with networking essentials, such as LAN, Internet, security, and IP protocols. Basic knowledge of authentication methods is also a plus.
BLUE COAT CERTIFIED PROXYSG ADMINISTRATOR BlueTouch Training Services
Course Description and Content
The Blue Coat Certified ProxySG Administrator (BCCPA) Course covers:
- Introduction to ProxySG
- ProxySG Security Deployments
- ProxySG Initial Security Configuration
- ProxySG Management Console
- ProxySG Security Licensing
- Proxy Services
- Hypertext Transfer Protocol
- Introduction to Visual Policy Manager
- Content Filtering and WebPulse
- Managing Downloads
- Authenticating users on the ProxySG
- Authentication Realms
- Authentication with Transparent Proxy
- Exceptions and Notifications
- Access Logging
- Managing SSL Traffic
- Basic Troubleshooting
Students will become Blue Coat Certified ProxySG Administrators upon completing the course and passing the Prometric online exam.