The IoT Security Center of Excellence provides a comprehensive service, going beyond offering IoT security assessments and evaluations, to integrating the necessary security controls into design and implementation. In addition, technical countermeasures will help protect devices and systems once they have gone to market, and legal services can be leveraged to protect your intellectual property if it is being infringed. Drawing on 20+ years’ experience of successfully securing over 400 million PayTV devices around the world, our approach offers the assurance that stakeholders along the IoT value chain seek.
IoT Security Design and Assessment
We work with clients to ensure security is integrated into the design and architecture of their IoT products and services. We also carry out in-depth security assessments and evaluations of IoT products at any stage of the lifecycle. Our expert security and embedded systems analysts have rich experience in conducting security assessments and evaluations on devices and infrastructure, firmware and applications, wireless protocols and in carrying out security design audits and reviews.
- Security recommendations at design stage
- In-depth security evaluations (side channel, fault injection, imaging and IC modification)
- Source code audit, deobfuscation, fuzzing, cryptography implementation audit, software vulnerability verification
- Advanced penetration testing (device, application, network)
- Assessment of wireless protocols (through in-house LPWAN lab) and of short-distance communication protocols
Security Posture Improvement
We implement controls adapted to your business goals in order to reach target security level. We use best-in-class commercial technology, proprietary technologies and patented mechanisms to implement robust security controls in embedded systems, software/firmware, communication protocols, platforms and applications.
Using technology developed in house, we can either provide custom secure elements or integrate logic block designs into third-party chips, certifying implementation to ensure they operate as intended.
- Portfolio of application-specific secure elements and custom cryptographic algorithms
- IC embeddable hardware IP blocks for hardware root-of-trust; multi-format modules for high-speed encryption
- Software code and data obfuscation to prevent reverse engineering, tampering and code lifting
- White-box cryptographic library to protect keys in firmware and applications
- Online and secure generation of device keys; symmetric and asymmetric cryptography supporting standard/custom crypto algorithms
- Flexible enough so as to match specific business needs and approved corporate security policies
IoT cybercrime countermeasures
Our team of experts in content security, technology, threat intelligence and legal support build on 20+ years’ successful experience in anti-piracy efforts and litigation, leveraging cutting-edge technology and best-practice methodologies in support of IoT cybercrime countermeasures.>
- Technical Countermeasures
- Security engineers create and embed sleeper countermeasures into the connected things, which can be activated to mitigate the impact of emerging threats or breaches. Prototyping of countermeasures enables us to respond to emerging threats identified by our Cyber Fusion Centers, and we can verify the effectiveness of countermeasures at our in-house LPWAN lab.
- Legal Support
- In the event a client’s intellectual property is infringed, our legal teams can investigate and provide support for litigation in almost any court of law around the world.